SMS marketing is a great way to reach your customers, but only if you write an SMS that converts. The majority of companies and businesses integrate SMS marketing into their business strategy.
According to various case studies, it has been stated that Bulk SMS has a stunning open rate of 98% which is 76 times higher than Email campaigns.
If you’re not sure how to write an effective SMS, here are some tips for writing better SMS messages:
1. Use the most common formats for Bulk SMS marketing
Here are some tips to help you write an SMS that converts:
- Use the most common formats for Bulk SMS marketing. For example, you can use a CTA (call to action) that resonates with the user and keeps it short. Make sure your message is relevant to them, give them a reason to take action, and convert!
- Write your messages in plain text only if necessary (e.g., for business-to-business texts). Most people don’t like reading long messages on their phones, so keep things simple by using one-word paragraphs or bullet points instead of full sentences or paragraphs—it’ll help cut down on confusion when someone looks at your message on a mobile device!
2. Keep your messages to 160 characters; 140 if you want to use a link
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Keep it relevant to the customer.
- Keep it personal.
- Keep it simple, but not too simple; you don’t want your message appearing like an automated response or a stock text item that’s been mass-produced by a machine instead of written by hand (don’t worry about this now—we’ll talk more about automation later).
- Be fun! Make sure your messages are enjoyable for both parties involved in the conversation, whether they’re reading them aloud over text or sending them via Bulk SMS themselves. For example: “What’s up? How are things going?” vs “Hey there! What’s up?”
3. Make sure your message is relevant to the user
The first step to making your message convert is to make sure it’s relevant. This means you need to know enough about your user and their needs that you can tailor the content of your message accordingly.
If your CTA has been created with a specific goal in mind, then this will help ensure that users who see it have a reason for taking action—whether they’re interested in learning more or want help converting more people into customers.
4. Use a CTA that resonates with the user and keeps it short
A CTA is a call to action, and it should be used to grab the user’s attention. The goal of your Bulk SMS campaign is to get people to take action on what you’re offering them, so make sure that your CTAs are clear and easy for users to understand.
If you don’t have any idea about what kind of text message will convert best for your business or brand, here are some tips:
- Keep it short! It’s okay if some people have trouble reading long messages on their phone screens—but don’t make them feel bad about reading everything because the message was too long (or too short). Just make sure there isn’t any confusion about what exactly the user needs from them before they click through so they don’t miss out on something important later down the line when all those potential customers start calling themselves after seeing how awesomely amazing this company was (and how much fun everyone had).
5. Give the user a reason to take action and convert
- Give the user a reason to take action and convert
- Make it easy for them to convert
It’s important that you give your users a reason to take action, especially when it comes to SMS marketing. You can do this by providing valuable information about your product or service, as well as simple instructions on how they can get in touch with you. The goal is always the same: make sure that your users know what they’re supposed to do after reading their message—and if there are multiple steps involved, make sure those steps are clear and easy to follow (for example: “Click here if interested in learning more about this offer.”).
6. Make your message feel personalized to increase the efficacy
Personalization is the key to creating a great SMS. You can personalize your message by:
- Using the user’s first name and last name in place of “you”.
- Including information about where they are at that moment, including their location, in addition to basic info about their interests and purchases.
- Using information about previous actions (for example, if they’ve purchased anything from you in the past). This will help you tailor your message to their interests or what they have already done on this website/app so you don’t have any surprises when it comes time for delivery!
7. Write an SMS that converts and keep it short.
Bulk SMS marketing is a great way to reach your customers, and it’s especially effective for businesses of all sizes.
SMS marketing can increase sales and drive customer loyalty by increasing the visibility of your brand in the digital space. It can also help you build brand awareness by providing valuable content about your company or products that people will want to read more about later on.
We hope this post has helped you understand how to write an SMS that converts for your text campaigns. There are many techniques and tools out there that can make it easier, but the basics still apply: keep it short, relevant, personalized, and actionable. Make sure you test your messages with real people before sending them off into the world.
For Bulk SMS, SMS API, Viber Business messaging, and other SMS and voice marketing services, Contact the Sparrow SMS team via email@example.com or reach out to us at 9802005007/8.